Great 6 months plus contract opportunity in Connecticut for a Mechanical SolidWorks Designer with 5 years+ mechanical design and solid modeling experience plus a 2 year technical degree.
- Experience in manufacturing civil (structural) engineering a plus.
- Will work with customers, internal engineers, vendors and manufacturing to create new cost effective designs from the concept stage to the production stage.
- Work with detailers and checkers to complete the drawings and Bills of Material that document the design.
- Work in the design concept phase before a project gets started to help with customer proposals, preliminary cost and manpower estimates.
- Responsible for designing prototypes and then taking the design to a level suitable for stable production.
- Must have very good Mechanical design aptitude - will be working among degreed engineers and designers
- Creative thinker and willing to try new ideas and innovate.
- Able to function in a creative R&D environment where all outcomes are not pre-determined or known up-front.
- Use self-initiative, able to work without close supervision.
- Strong work ethic and energetic.
- Comfortable with MS Office applications
- Bill of materials creation ability desirable
- SAP experience (BOM and Item master creation) is desirable
- Smart team PDM experience is desirable
- Experience in antennas, cables or filters would be a plus.
- Experience in broadcast transmitting antennas a plus.
- Experienced in structural design of heavy equipment a plus.
- SMOKE-FREE PROPERTY
- Pre-Employment Screening is REQUIRED
• Multiple Healthcare Plans
• Accident, Disability, Life
• Direct Deposit/Pay Cards
• Referral Bonuses
if interested please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org