Connecticut 6 months contract-to-direct opening for a Quality Engineer to provide “end to end” quality and continuous process improvement initiatives throughout the facility.
- Will partner with Engineering and Product Development to insure critical to quality dimensions are included in engineering drawing and design considerations, and that First Article Inspection criteria is comprehensive and accurate.
- Understand and communicate “the voice of the customer” (externally and internally) and works in a team effort to help the internal customers define and establish quality and process improvement priorities.
- Assesses, evaluates and identifies product quality and process quality improvement opportunities
- Work closely with the various functions to develop the project plans and provide leadership to the team utilizing the appropriate approach, utilizing quality/CPI tools and assisting in training as required.
- Lead internal audits and Corrective Action activities (both internal and external), follows safety policies and insures good housekeeping in work areas (5S).
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline or operations management required
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing/operations
- Thorough understanding of lean six sigma portfolio of tools & methodologies.
- Blackbelt certification a plus
- Professional certifications via ASQ or APICS a plus
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative and use sound judgment in day-to-day decision making
- Comfortable in working in a complex manufacturing environment with multiple functional interrelationships
- Change agent with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization (by mentoring/coaching)
- Ability to benchmark, leverage and translate best practices.
- Comfortable with technical specifications, engineering drawings, working with testing laboratories and ASTM’s.
- Experience working with precision measuring equipment, standard inspection instruments and gages is required.
- A team builder, dedicated to individual and organizational team development. Must be able to communicate effectively with hourly employees, supervisors, peers, managers and executive management in a professional manner and maintain good working relationships.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and accustomed to utilizing project management software and enterprise resource planning software
- Demonstrates proficiency in analytical software (Minitab) to conduct detailed analysis and “drill down” details to identify root cause and identify potential areas for process improvement.
- Skilled in creating reports, organizing documentation, and presentations, in both structured and unstructured settings, in various formats (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Minitab)
- Experience and knowledge of GMP’s and ISO-9000
• Multiple Health care Plans
• Accident, Disability, Life
• Direct Deposit/Pay Cards
• Referral Bonuses
if interested please send resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org