Lowell , MA
Production Worker opening for a Metal Tender to keep both the holding furnaces on the die cast machines and the main melt furnaces full of the proper alloy and at proper temperatures.
- All work will be done in a safe, efficient, and timely manner as to keep production running.
- Once fully trained, metal tenders also monitor and maintain the quality of the various alloys by checking samples on spectrometers, cleaning and maintaining furnaces, and adding elements to the molten metal as needed
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep ladles and furnaces full, clean, and at the proper temp
- Keep scrap hoppers emptied and identified.
- Keep alloys separated.
- Perform alloy changes in any furnace properly.
- Run spectrometer including cleaning, profile, standardization, and routine analysis.
- Properly handle paperwork, sampling, and barcoding of all incoming metal/materials.
- Capable and willing to work overtime.
- Work in a safe manner and report unsafe conditions/hazards immediately.
- Wear required personal protective equipment.
- Must be able to read and understand written directives.
- Must be able to maintain strict organization of metal, paperwork, tools, etc.
- Forklift experience
- This is a physically demanding position requiring moderately heavy lifting and working in a hot environment
- Full pre-employment screening is required
- Multiple Health care Plans
- Accident, Disability, Life
- Direct Deposit/Pay Cards
- Referral Bonuses
if interested please send resume to:email@example.com