Connecticut 6-12 months plus contract assignment for a Mechanical Solidworks Designer with 5 years+ mechanical design along with solid modeling experience and a 2 year technical degree. Experience in civil (structural) engineering a plus.
- Will work with customers, internal engineers, vendors and manufacturing to create new cost effective designs from the concept stage to the production stage.
- Work with detailers and checkers to complete the drawings and Bills of Material that document the design.
- Work in the design concept phase before a project gets started to help with customer proposals, preliminary cost and manpower estimates.
- Responsible for designing prototypes and then taking the design to a level suitable for stable production.
Key Requirements are:
- Strong Mechanical design aptitude-preference to applicants with degrees
- Very good Solidworks aptitude
- Creative thinker and willing to try new ideas and innovate.
- Able to function in a creative R&D environment where all outcomes are not pre-determined or known up-front.
- Use self-initiative, able to work without close supervision.
- Strong work ethic and energetic.
- Comfortable with MS Office applications
- Bill of materials creation ability desirable as it will form part of the day to day activities
- AP experience (BOM and Item master creation) is desirable
- Smart team PDM experience is desirable
- Experience in antennas, cables or filters would be a plus.
- Experience in broadcast transmitting antennas a plus.
- Experienced in structural design of heavy equipment a plus.
- Full pre-employment screening is required upon job offer
- LOCAL candidates only please
- Smoke Free property
- Multiple Health care Plans
- Accident, Disability, Life
- Direct Deposit/Pay Cards
- Referral Bonuses
if interested please send resume to:email@example.com