North Haven, CT
Connecticut 3-6 months contract assignment (possible conversion) for an AutoCAD Mechanical/Architectural Project Design-Drafter to plan, design, and engineer fabricated metal products such as curtain walls, store fronts, building cladding systems, etc.) to architectural specifications.
- Will work with outside engineering contractors and architects to coordinate and implement the design criteria specified by the architect.
- Participate in the initial phase of the job by helping to create a basis of design in order to establish accurate criteria for pricing.
- Design the product based on the approved quote, with the sales department; draft the shop drawings and following through with any changes required by customer/architect revisions.
- Produce the shipping manifest, BOM's, etc. oversee stages of fabrication, finishing, and packaging in order to ensure a finished product conforming to all required specifications.
- Responsible for coordination of job with customer throughout all stages of the project, participate on job review meetings, job site visits, field measuring and design implementation.
Technical Knowledge/Job Competencies ~
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, engineering of architectural systems for commercial and residential structures, architectural and building documentation.
- Knowledge of industry standard drafting practices for architectural and mechanical drawings.
- Experience with AutoCAD a must (AutoDesk Inventor 3D is a big plus), CNC graphics software and proficient with Microsoft’s Office Suite.
- Knowledge of general engineering concepts and methods and experience with field conditions and methods of construction.
- Excellent math skills including the use of formulas, fractions, compound angles, and trigonometry.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple issues simultaneously. Able to manage change and to anticipate problems and develop solutions to consistently meet customer expectations.
Education/Prior Work Experience ~
- A.S. or B.S. / B.A. in Architectural Engineering
- 3–5 years architectural design experience
- Experience with store front systems, glazing, curtain wall design, and building cladding desirable.
- Multiple Healthcare Plans
- Accident, Disability, Life
- Direct Deposit/Pay Cards
- Referral Bonuses
if interested please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org