Materials Engineer (Metallurgist)
Metallurgist contract opportunity to support the development of new products based on Powder Metallurgy (PM) processes and nanocrystalline metal alloys. Will include the operation of the process equipment required for powder metallurgy activities, and materials analysis at each stage of the process.
Key duties of this position will include:
- Design and execution of experiments to explore key PM process parameters, including powder characteristics, green body manufacturing, and sintering profiles.
- Materials analysis and property characterization of metal alloy samples at each stage of processing, including powders, various sintered test vehicles, and final customer prototypes.
- Correlation of process parameters to materials characteristics at each stage of manufacturing, failure analysis, and identification of potential paths to improvement.
- Responsibility for selecting, installing, running, and maintaining key instrumentation and process equipment.
- Pre-Employment Screening required
• Multiple Healthcare Plans
• Accident, Disability, Life
• Direct Deposit/Pay Cards
• Referral Bonuses
if interested please send resume to: email@example.com
Preference to Applicants with the following:
- BS or higher degree in a relevant field, such as metallurgy or materials science, mechanical engineering, or physics.
- Hands-on R&D and/or production experience with the development and/or implementation of new materials and processes, with a preference for metals- and/or powders- based experience.
- Hands-on work selecting, installing, running and maintaining relevant processing equipment such as hydraulic presses, cold or hot isostatic presses, vacuum or environmental furnaces, and various forms of ball mills.
- Hands-on materials analysis experience, including sample preparation, optical and electron microscopy, compositional and density measurements, powder characterization, corrosion and mechanical testing. etc.
- Documenting experimental results in reports and presentations for both internal and external use.