Materials Characterization Analyst
Rewarding contract to hire opportunity at our client's site for a Materials Characterization Analyst to evaluate the micro structure of materials.
- Will develop methods for velomicrostructural analyses of the company’s powder and compacted powder materials.
- Will interact with the R&D team to improve process efficiency used to make nanostructured alloys.
- Must be a hands-on instrument operator, solving materials and manufacturing problems.
- Observe, interpret, and quantify microstructures
- Communicate microstructural observations to internal customers
- Coordinate with external sources for characterization services for specialized analyses, and evaluating the validity of observations
- 3+ years of experience in operating microstructural characterization instruments such as optical microscopes and SEM/EDS
- Experience in analyzing the microstructure of metallic powders and powder metallurgy components
- Ability to connect a material’s structure or properties, to component performance
- Strong process and data analytical skills as well as technical report writing skills
- Experience operating TGA, TMA, microhardness testers, and other characterization equipment.
- Full pre-employment screen will be required
- Offer of employment contingent on signing an NSA/Patents agreement.
- Multiple Health care Plans
- Accident, Disability, Life
- Direct Deposit/Pay Cards
- Referral Bonuses
if interested please send resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org