Engineering Materials Coordinator
Windsor Locks, CT | Contract
Connecticut 6 months plus contract assignment for an Engineering Materials Coordinator to be responsible for requisitioning, expediting, organizing, and managing project materials for the R&D/Engineering department.
- Reviews prototype build schedules and related information and confers with members of the department to determine material requirements
- Computes amount of material required to complete job orders, applying knowledge of product and manufacturing processes.
- Coordinates and expedites flow of materials, parts, and assemblies according to department priorities
- Enters purchase requisition data into SAP xFlow system on behalf of the engineering department
- Tracks status of requisitions, purchase orders, order confirmations, supplier shipments, supplier delivery dates, delivery receipt, and invoicing for multiple projects
- Identifies overdue materials and tracks material
- Contacts suppliers regarding order discrepancies, delivery status, and for provision of necessary documentation, such as material and regulatory certifications (e.g. RoHS, REACH)
- Maintain all information for status of materials on daily basis.
- Compiles and maintains manual or computerized records, such as material inventory, in-process production reports, and status and location of materials.
- Organizes and controls engineering material, including inventory for prototype and pre-production builds
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and four years related experience and/or training
- Knowledge of and experience with technical parts (e.g. mechanical, electrical, electronic)
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Material Resource Planning (MRP) systems (INFOR LN, SAP preferred.)
- MS Project and Atlassian Jira/Confluence a plus.
*5P drug test
if interested please send resume to: dleblanc@Summit-technical.com