Our client, a well established company in the Springfield area has a rewarding temp to hire (after approximately 6 months) opportunity for a Buyer to join their team.
- Reporting to the Planning Manager, you will coordinate all activities related to procurement necessary to keep the plant supplied with materials, supplies, and services needed from intent to purchase to delivery utilizing the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP/MRP) system.
- Will expedite and track delivery to ensure schedules are met.
- Will obtain quotes for materials, supplies and services as needed.
- Must be a candidate who has a strong work history with ERP and MRP systems.
- ISO Approved Supplier List: keep list current and obtain ISO Certificates and handle Supplier Surveys
- Maintain CERTS to shared file
- Notifies suppliers on Quality issues identified and corrective actions
- Continuous communication with suppliers on delivery schedules
- Manages suppliers on topics of delays, delivery shortages, etc
- Communicates internally to operations team on material issues
- Works with Incoming Material Inspection dept on material approval status or issues
- Allocates MRA’s to suppliers
- Material purchases for shipping supplies, first aid supplier and other commodities as needed.
- Tracks orders for delivery
- Obtains quotes for materials, supplies and services as needed.
- Advises appropriate personnel regarding late deliveries and impact to business
- Attends and participates in the twice weekly ‘Due to Ship” meetings; including advising on material delivery issues and potential alternatives.
- Works with our quality and Suppliers handling supplier rejects, returns/credits and maintain records in the Supplier Corrective Action Report (SCAR) system.
- Support year-end inventory
- Obtains samples from supplier as requested.
- Performs purchase order maintenance associated with ordering and expediting
- Maintain cost savings projects spreadsheet for purchasing
- Performs miscellaneous purchasing administrative duties as assigned
- Performs all other duties as needed or assigned
- Multiple Healthcare Plans
- Accident, Disability, Life
- Direct Deposit/Pay Cards
- Referral Bonuses
if interested please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org